Schedule an NAGC & NL outreach event today!
Events can be custom designed to your group’s specific needs, or you can select from a variety of topics that our staff has already prepared. Presentations use a variety of media and can be scheduled from a 45 minute presentation to full day workshops or seminars.
For details and further information about scheduling and fees for events by NAGC staff members, call us at (608) 255-2224 or email us: email@example.com
Prepared Topics for Presentations
Or We Can Design a Specific Topic and Program for Your Group
- Genealogical resources and research techniques at the Norwegian American Genealogical Center & Naeseth Library
- Overview of the collection and resources available at NAGC & NL
- Can the Norwegian American Genealogical Center & Naeseth Library help me find MY Ole Olson?
- Resources and methods available at NAGC to help you find your ancestors in Norway and help track them in the United States
- Black sheep, horse thieves and some nice people grow on family trees
- The basics of how to research, organize and document a genealogical project
- Naturalization: The final step toward Americanization?
- Did your immigrant ancestor start or complete the process? What were the steps and what types of records were generated?
- Unraveling the myth of Ellis Island and the many stories that abound about what happened to our ancestors during their stay at Ellis Island
- Debunks many of the stories and explains the steps taken to gain entry to America
- Making sense of the census
- Tips on how to find your people from 1790 to 1940. This seminar also includes discussion about state census information
- Government records often overlooked and misunderstood: a review of less important but valuable records that can provide information
- Land records, military records, probate, and social security. Also, let’s take another look at those vital records.
- Organization and Documentation: The two cuss words in genealogy
- Basics of how to organize and the purpose of documenting the information as you find it.
- Causes of migration and the experience during the 19th century
- Explanation of why our ancestors packed their bags and headed not only to America, but other points west
- How to avoid 30 years of passenger list research
- Tips to finding the right passenger list without reading every list that has survived